This monsoon, you don’t have to stay at home and read travel books. Travel to the wilds with a budget that will make you smile.
Feeling the itch to travel? If rains are giving you the blues and you’re a fan of wildlife destination spots, check out these five destinations that are even more gorgeous with the rain coming down.
- Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand—the Spot for Royals
Jim Corbett is the place to be in India to see the majestic tiger. Three zones of the park are open for tourism even during the monsoon.
You can also be a daredevil and take an overnight stay in the jungle.
Corbett gives you more bang for your buck with kingly places to stay at, at ridiculously low prices.
- The gorgeous Corbett Waterfalls is an unmissable attraction for anyone in the area
- Dachigam National Park, Srinagar—a Sparkling Riverside Beauty
The exotic Dachigam is specially protected– a special permit is needed from the chief wildlife warden before entering the park.
Imagine the beauty of the Himalayas right where you can touch it. The pre-planning is well worth your time just to see the Kashmir stag, even without every other wild animal that is sure to cross your path.
- The Marsur lake which leads to a river running through the Park
- Ranthambore National Park, Ranthambore—Enjoy the Majesty
While tiger sightings aren’t guaranteed, Ranthambore is like a peek into the Jungle Book (but with fewer animated characters!).
Ranthambore is famous for its big cats, tigers, leopards and desert cats. Keep an eye out, and you just might catch them prowling around like they are the kings of the jungle.
As a very important bonus, you’ll find many luxurious stays that are wallet-friendly in Ranthambore.
- The population of wild elephants and tigers
- Periyar National Park, Thekkady—Picturesque and Beautiful
Elephants, tigers, and bears, oh my! While Periyar is famous for elephants and tigers, the less famous sloth bear is equally as attractive as the picturesque tigers and elephants.
Since I prefer my vacations to be lazy, my favourite part of Periyar is the year-round boat safari where you can just float about and enjoy the beauty around you.
Spoil yourself with a luxurious cottage on this vacation and enjoy all the looks of envy your Facebook posts will get you!
- The boat safari, which is available even during the monsoon
- Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, Goa—Learning from Nature
You could be in gorgeous Goa and still scratch your itch to visit our furry and feathered friends.
Goa isn’t just a party destination; Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary has a fully functioning eco-tourism complex with people who want to help you have fun and learn at the same time.
- There is a special wildlife watchtower built near the animals’ drinking spot where people can go and watch the animals as long as they want.
Now that you’ve got the details on the hottest wildlife destinations this monsoon season, it’s time to plan out your next trip!
Plan your next vacation in style without breaking the bank, and don’t forget to comment, share pictures or otherwise let us know how wonderful your trip back to Mother Nature was!